Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves: 2 – 4
Heart Mark approved. Want a tasty warm meal, but one that doesn’t take long to prepare? Then try this recipe! It is served warm with some of the best herbs and spices used for fish.
- 5 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine or ½ cup white verjus
- 2 lemons, 1 juiced and 1 sliced into 2.5 cm thick rounds
- 4 t soft margarine or olive oil
- ¼ cup capers, roughly chopped
- 1 t sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh mixed green herbs, such as parsley, tarragon, dill and thyme, roughly chopped
- 4 Sea Harvest Dressed Sole Fillets
- Combine spring onions, white wine or verjus and lemon juice in a small pot; set over high heat.
- Bring to a boil; simmer until liquid is reduced to ¼ cup, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat; whisk in margarine or olive oil, capers, ¼ teaspoon salt, a pinch of pepper, and ¾ of the herbs.
- Set aside but keep warm.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat; add 3 T sauce.
- Season both sides of fillets with remaining ¼ t salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Arrange fillets and lemon slices in the pan; sprinkle with some herbs.
- Cook until fillets are golden, about 4 minutes.
- Turn, sprinkle with remaining herbs, and cook until fish is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Serve with lemon slices and remaining sauce.