Haddock Loaded Potatoes
Smoked Cape Hake mashed with baked potatoes and seasoned with chives cheese.
Haddock Steaks 500 g
4 medium sized sweet potatoes
500 g Sea Harvest Haddock Steaks
1 tbsp butter
3 tbsp chives finely chopped
150 g cheddar, grated (plus extra for topping)
4 tbsp Peppadews finely chopped
3 tbsp roughly chopped parsley
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat an oven to 180°C. Prick the sweet potatoes before placing in the oven to slowly cook until they’re completely tender and the skin turns papery thin with little beads of sugar forming on the outside.
- Prepare the Haddock Steaks by adding it to an oven tray and baking it as per back of pack instructions.
- Cut through the length splitting the sweet potato before removing the flesh and adding it to a mixing bowl. Flake in the cooked Haddock along with the butter, chives, cheddar and Peppadews. Add the parsley and seasoning before gently combining, being careful not to break the fish up too much.
- Fill the sweet potato skins with the filling and return them to the oven to cook for another 10 – 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the tops begin to char slightly.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle over the extra cheddar before serving.