Crisp & Chunky Tempura Battered Hake Portions with Pomme Frites
Serve with pomme frites (straw chips) and a delicious salsa verdi.
Crisp & Chunky - Tempura Battered
500g Crisp & Chunky Hake Fillet portions
4 large Potatoes
500ml (2 cups) Cooking Oil
200g Rosa Tomatoes
20 large Caper Berries or Olives
5g Parsley, finely chopped
1 cloves of Garlic, crushed
½ Onion, chopped
30ml (2 tbsp) Olive Oil
15ml (1 tbsp) Lemon Juice
Salt, to taste
Freshly ground Black Pepper
- Prepare fish according to cooking suggestions on the packaging.
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized pot. Peel the potatoes and thinly slice into pomme frites (straw chips).
- Fry the chips until cooked through and remove from the oil. Leave them to cool.
- Mix the tomatoes, caper berries, parsley, garlic, onion, oil and lemon juice. Season accordingly. Keep aside until ready for use.
- Place the pomme frites back into the hot oil and heat until crispy. Remove from the oil and place onto an absorbent paper towel. Season while hot.
- Serve the fish with the pomme frites and top generously with salsa Verdi.